RENT HELP – Having trouble paying your rent? These resources may be able to help.
1. Chronicle Season of Sharing Fund
The Chronicle Season of Sharing Fund provides temporary assistance to help people throughout the Bay Area.
2. County Coordinators:
Alameda County: 510-272-3700
San Mateo County: 650-738-7470
3. City of Hayward Community Relief Fund
4. Catholic Charities
Assisting with missed rent and back rent.
Alameda County: 510-768-3100
5. St. Anthony’s Foundation
Offering a variety of services, including housing assistance through its social work arm.
This list is not exhaustive.
You may also dial 211 to be connected with United Way for referrals to other organizations in your area that can help.
FOOD HELP – Resources for those that need it. If you don’t need it, consider not taking it from someone who does.
- Food Stamp Program – https://www.getcalfresh.org/
- Food pantry: Call St. Vincent DePaul at 510-706-5852
- Alameda County Food Bank – https://www.accfb.org/
- MAP OF FOOD DISTRIBUTION DURING COVID-19 :
UTILITIES DISCOUNT – Program offered that provides 20-35% discount on utility bills. Visit www.cpuc.ca.gov
INTERNET OPTIONS – For free and affordable internet options, visit:
1. Unemployment Insurance Claim: For those whose employer has reduced hours or shut down operations due to COVID-19. Provides partial wage replacement. Parents taking care of kids whose schools have closed may be eligible for benefits. https://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/Filing_a_Claim.htm